This blog will give you some tips on leveling the entire party the Lazy Gamer way. On part one, you probably got worried that your entire party was left to level 2-3 while your main character rocketed to level 30. Well, stop worrying. By the time your main character hits level 40, your other Atlantica Online mercenaries will be level 38. The level difference will narrow down as they reach level 50.
At level 50, the first 6 mercenaries are level 49; the 7th mercenary is level 43 and the final mercenary which is acquired at level 50 is of course level 1.
Laziness has its price. Like my other guide, this leveling process is easy but expensive and does not require much concentration, in other words BORING. It has a lot of advantages though like you need to be in game just for 10 seconds every 10 or so minutes; you can do it while you are watching TV, cooking, dual/multi-boxing or playing other games. Or like in my current situation today, you can do it while working. :)
Another advantage is that you don't have to buy gears for your character until later since you won't be fighting any monsters at all. This saves you gold since the leveling process is already expensive.
Enough of my ramblings and let's get on with it. First you need gold. Not WOW gold or EQ gold. We need Atlantica Online gold. You can buy it somewhere out there or beg from other players or if you have a high level toon, get it from that. Make sure you have at least 1 million so you can at least last for several hours.
The way to gain the XP is by "Giving Gifts to Beginners". In this guide, I am going to call it DONATE. You do this by clicking on the Community menu and then select Beginners. Then click on the Give a Gift and enter the amount of gold or equipment you can want to donate.
Once you click the confirmation button YES, you will receive a message that all your mercenaries gain XXX amount of experience depending on the value of your donation. In my case, I got 4200 XP for donating 21,000 gold. Repeat the process once you have 100% WILL. Sounds easy enough? I certainly hope so. If not go back and read again until you get it.
Below are some tips on how to donate efficiently.
- The max amount of gold/equipment that can be donated is capped. Don't ask me why but you cannot donate 1 billion gold so that all your mercenaries can get millions of XP
- The XP you get is equal to 20 percent of gold or equipment value you give; ie 20,000 gold gives 4,000 XP.
- The max XP is capped at your level multiplied by 100. So a level 30 can only gain max XP of 30 times 100 which is equal to 3,000 XP. This is true until level 40. I do believe the formula change when you reach level 50 or 60. (Please someone confirm the formula for me).
- You can start the DONATE process once you are level 29. Useless to attempt this at lower level. The system won't allow you ;).
- The donation will go to random newbies.
- You can only donate if you have 100% WILL or every 10 minutes.
I am also kind enough to provide the chart below to give you folks some idea on how long will it take you to level using this method. I know I am lazy on leveling but I'm not lazy entertaining you and attending to your needs:).
Keep in mind too that the chart is for Class-D mercenaries. Better mercenaries needs more XP per level so avoid upgrading your mercenaries if you don't plan on doing quests/grinding yet.
If the Golden Tusk method is painfully boring, you can call this process tormentingly boring. I know it is not easy to check your WILL every 10 minutes since I experience it first hand. You can minimize the torment by using alarm clock or doing something else while waiting.
Take note too that at level 83 you will need around 9 million Atlantica gold and will take you are 24 hours just to get to level 84. It will take a big commitment and patience to do it. My advise though that this method is best used until level 50. After that start playing the game.
If you take into consideration, this guide beats those commercialize powerleveling services out there that continually spam us in game. Let me give you some insight.
* Spammer Website Power Leveling 1-40; Price $40; Duration: 3 days
* Lazy Gamer Guide Power Leveling 1-40; Price around 6 million gold; Duration: 28.4 hours
Before I end the blog, I like you to know that I need some info on Max XP per donate for level 50 and above.
If you have the willingness to endure this, it is worthwhile. But if you don't then I advise you to play the game as it is supposed to be played which is by questing and killing monsters to gain experience and level.
Hopefully this guide had somehow helped you. If you have questions or have something positive to share about enhancing this guide, feel free to drop me a message.
Next time, I will show you how to make money in game the Lazy Gamer way. Be sure to check on my next blog.
* Try to get the Philanthropist Title Quest from Kleio (donate 50 times) and Santa Claus Title Quest from Pandora (donate 1000 times) so you don't have to do them again.
* Both NPC are located near Athens.
* Philanthropist title gives +10% for 40 minutes.
* Santa Claus title gives Atk +5%, Def +5%, Exp +25% for 30 minutes.
Copyright © 2008-2009 Gaiaplay Blogs. If you see this blog elsewhere it has been copied or stolen.